This Sunday is the official Worship in Pink Sunday. Make sure your church registers and provides your members with great educational items that can be shared with your ladies.
Worship in Pink Week is a great opportunity for Coastal Georgia’s churches, mosques, and synagogues to spread the life-saving message of early detection and honor their communities’ survivors. This multicultural celebration will help bring breast cancer education/awareness to the men and women of Coastal Georgia.
2013 Worship in Pink Weekend
October 25th – October 27th
Komen Atlanta’s Worship in Pink weekend invites Atlanta’s churches, mosques and synagogues to come together spread the life-saving message of breast cancer early detection. Worship in Pink weekend is a great opportunity for religious organizations to honor the survivors in their communities and join Komen Atlanta in the fight to enable women to detect and survive breast cancer!
In 2012, Komen Atlanta reached 230 organizations and 62,000 people. Help us reach our 2013 goal of reaching 250 organizations and 75,000 individuals!
Participating in Worship in Pink weekend is simple. Komen Atlanta provides each religious organization with an easy to implement planning kit, as well as FREE breast health information packets. This year the packets include NEW and UPDATED breast health information. Each congregation is encouraged to use Worship in Pink weekend to celebrate the breast cancer survivors and co-survivors in their community.
More details hereRead More »
I’m working on a press release for a client that is a church.
Most churches don’t think about releasing a press release and if they do, they only think about it to announce a big celebration.
Press releases are a great way to make public announcements or statements about your church.
Think your church doesn’t have anything to write a press release about? Here’s a quick list of things your church could issue a press release about that would attract media attention:
1. The services and programs your church offers. (Food and Clothing bank).
2. The availability of your church building for community events. (free or discounted rental for community and or non-profit groups)
3. Your church being registered or listed as a historical landmark.
4. Weekly events.
5. Congratulations on achievements of youth, young adult and adult members. (high school student or player of the month or major job promotions)
6. Special guests that will be speaking at church services or community events.
7. Recognition of outstanding members that are achieving success in the community or on a national level.
8. Awards or recognitions from within your denomination.
9. The launch of a new website.
10. Building enhancements. (addition of an educational wing)
11. Church and Pastoral achievements. (20th anniversary)
12. Staff additions. (new hires and promotions)
13. Participation in a national program. (Breast Cancer Awareness month activities)
14. Community partnerships. (your church is a voting site, the Girl Scouts are launching a new chapter, your parking lot is used by the local high school on game nights to raise money for uniforms)
15. Grants and AwardsRead More »
I’m SUPER excited to be speaking tonight in Augusta, Ga for American Family Insurance!
Tonight’s class is Social Media Mastery for Businesses and Entrepreneurs.
I’ll be teaching from my FREE DOWNLOAD “Your 5 Minute Social Media Solutions Guide”.
You can get your copy by signing up to receive my email updates on my home page or just CLICK HERE.
I promise you that when this class is over, you will be AMAZED at how much time you will now be able to save when using social media for your business.
You can REGISTER HERE.
See you tonight Augusta!
RobinRead More »